Jan 7, 2007

Real strength


She lays her head on my shoulder
She lets free all her fears
I do my best to hold her
And end the trembling tears


We sit there in silence
Then we talk for a while
I say something funny And I make her smile
And she asks, "Why are you always so happy?"
"How can you never be sad?"
"You're always here to catch me."
"But who's got your back?"


I just shrug and laugh
I push the conversation on, I hold it all in
And I break down when she's gone
I'm never really that happy


I'm almost always down
But I just hold it all in, until no one else is around
You wouldn't cry to me
If you didn't think I was strong


So I can't break down, unless you're gone
You'd have to be like me
And never shed a tear
If you didn't think, that I had no fears
I always feel so empty


But I guess you'll never know I’m always swallowing my pain
So that it won't show I'm never really that happy...

No comments: